Thursday, October 27, 2011

From Hell.


This will likely be the last of the Halloween sketches, for which I'm slightly relieved but a little sad. I might squeeze in one more, but chances are slim. I've been meaning to get to a Jack The Ripper piece for quite a while, but never thought of the right scenario. I watched the 2001 film for the first time since its release and was much less kind about it than my memory told me I originally was. There wasn't anything slap-in-the-face bad about it, it was just a bit of a narrative mess. So, to use the old chestnut, the book was better. It was an Alan Moore book, of course it was better.

2 comments:

  1. discovered your work over at trixie's.

    much taken with your gruesome bent and you've got a canny eye for strong composition, this ripper pic for example - tops!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much, Shane! I'm not generally so gruesome, but something about October tends to bring it out. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete