Thursday, July 7, 2011

The 50 Greatest Novels for Art Students.


This list was passed along to me and after some review I thought I would share it.

Let me qualify that I myself have not read each and every one of these novels, though I do agree with the first 5, particularly "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by a personal favorite towering literary mind, Oscar Wilde. I think we can all relate to the obsessive, possessive, even dangerous nature of having your life consumed by artistic perfection. Thought I hope none of my fellow artists or, for that matter, readers have gone to any of those extremes.

You can bicker about the order of the list I suppose, but they all belong there somewhere.
Do yourself a favor and hit the used book store, your iPad, e-reader or other technological doodad and get to buzz sawing your way through the 50 Greatest Novels for Art Students.

No comments:

Post a Comment