Tuesday, March 8, 2011

FIREFLY..... shiny.


I said it once before, and I'll say it again now: Firefly is like that summer fling you wish you never had, because you never got to see that girl again.

When the Science Channel began re-airing the first, and regrettably only, season of Firefly this past week, I had a mighty urge to doodle. At first, I had a cracking good likeness of Mr. Fillion but the more I looked at it, the less it looked like I drew it and that didn't sit too well with me so I cartooned it up quite a bit and made it a bit more.... me. Unlike past artists, I had no intention of simply lightboxing his face.


2 comments:

  1. Great analogy. It's a real shame the show didn't find a big portion of its audience until after it hit DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some odd reason, I'm not at all worried about not seeing more Firefly at some point. It won't not happen!

    ReplyDelete