Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Bride vs. The Crazy Eighty Eights.



I've been meaning to do something of the Kill Bill nature for quite a while, but never seemed to come up with an idea that bit me. So I give you girls, samurai swords, dead ninja's and some inkwash.

I'm sorely tempted to give this a once over with the gouache, but for some reason I'm paranoid about reactivating the Yasutomi ink I used. Reactivation of india ink is a useful trait when you're doing two tone wash, but if you want to color over it, anything water based, even a marker, will set it off. Still, I may be brave.

On a side note, and I don't recall whether they did or not, the Directors of Photography and Lighting on the Kill Bill films should've won hordes of Oscars. Uma Thurman, who I'm well aware many people don't find all that attractive, never looked better in any other film than she did in these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment