Monday, October 11, 2010

Quoth the....?


I couldn't tell you why this particular idea popped into my head, apart from it being Halloween and all, but it seemed more fun than a simple, posturing one-off of a scary monster. Tonight, anyway.

I like to think that raven flying in the window of his spooky Baltimore home while he was penning that particular masterpiece would've freaked him right the hell out. Or, possibly, he was stuck at the beginning of the tale and it gave him the impetus to write it.

3 comments:

  1. This one is my favorite so far. I always prefer the sense of unease before the horror really starts to kick off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful contrast work! Captures the mood wonderfully. The Raven is a great work of suspense and psychological analysis. Good job!

    ReplyDelete