Thursday, September 30, 2010

Nosferatu.




With my Halloween kick going into over-drive, I picked one of my absolute favorite Halloween movie characters, Nosferatu! I know Bela Legosi's Dracula is the main, but Max Schreck's performance in the original silent German film still gives me shivers. I had a racing heart watching Willem Defoe's portrayal of Max Schreck playing the Vampyre!!! Then again, that may have been for a different reason.

Still, I originally had this concept as a gouache painting, which I would've loved to do but just don't have the time. SO, a rarity for me, I messed around in Photoshop. I do, however, remain a willing luddite, so don't get used to this fancy digital crap from me. Still, it was tons of fun and only sucked an hour of my life away!

Update: 1 Oct; Added my (as always) super detailed pencils, for all the work-in-progress junkies out there. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe no one commented on this one. It's a beautiful still of Orlok. And it perfectly captures that wonderful moment where Albin Grau was introducing an original idea into vampire lore. Prior to this movie and his weird Cabalistic re-interpretation, vampires were immune to sunlight!

    ReplyDelete