Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Conan the Barbarian.


After seeing a few of the fantastic Conan sketches the Comic Twart crew put out in the wake of Frank Frazetta's death, I've been itching to draw him again. I suppose its a little Frazetta, a little Buscema, and a little John Watkiss, an artist I really wish we saw more of in mainstream comics, or at least a run on Dark Horse's Conan. Then again, I'd rather not compete with him for the job! Any way you slice it, Conan The Barbarian is a blast to draw.

2 comments:

  1. Bloody good use of black space to set this piece off, I love it. For me Conan has come to resemble a Cary Nord pencil drawing, but Frazetta will always be the absolute master.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias, amigo! (see, I do occasionally see that people have commented!)

    ReplyDelete