Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Test Page.


One out of a set of test pages I'm laboring over. Easily the most "trial by fire" thing I've worked on for a long time, trying out new methods and looks while, for the first time, writing for myself. Laid in some last minute rough text with one of the fonts I've been trying out. Not totally in love with it, but it'll suffice for now. Also, in the process, I'm discovering how different doing a pinup in wash is from sequentials. Keeping track of lighting is obviously the same, but there are a few more pitfalls and obstacles in terms of balloon placements and panel borders. Its slowly getting more comfortable to, but it can make for a messy page. Final word: There are truckloads of little kinks to work out, but this is a really fun way to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment